Stuffed peppers seems like a pretty staple vegan dish but for some reason, I’ve never made or ate a stuffed pepper!! It turned into a great camping dish and it was tasty and enjoyed by non-vegans as well as me!
Red peppers are packed with Vitamin C, B6, folate and antioxidants. Did you know one red pepper contains 200% of your daily Vitamin C intake? They are also high in Vitamin A and help support our vision. I ate 3 stuffed peppers, so that’s a step towards better eye sight!!
- 6 medium bell peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cup diced veggies, I used mushrooms and zucchini
- 1 tbsp Seasoning (I used Simply Organic All Purpose Seasoning
- 2 cups of Beyond the Meat Ground Beef mixed with lentils
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 24 oz jar of pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cup vegan Cheese
Preheat oven to 375 and prepare quinoa according to package.
- Wash your peppers and cut off the top and clean out the inside.
- Cut your onion and put it in a frying pan. Add in some olive oil and cook for about 3-5 minutes over low heat.
- Put your heat to medium and add your vegetables, beyond meat and lentils along with the seasoning. Stir occasionally and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add your quinoa and stir well.
- Add 1 cup of your favourite vegan cheese and stir everything together.
- Arrange your 6 peppers in a baking pan or a casserole dish. I didn’t have a casserole dish at camp, but it would be preferred to the baking sheet.
- Fill your peppers to the top with your delicious filling!
- Top with the left over cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. You will see the cheese melting and peppers start to darken.