- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons of water)
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
These healthy breakfast cookies are oil-free, refined sugar free and dairy-free! They are cookies you can feel good about giving your children. Adding grated zucchini into cookies is a great way to sneak in more veggies. Just make sure you blot your grated zucchini before adding it into your mix as it’s very juicy and will give to much additional water to your cookies.
- Mix your flax egg in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl than add the wet ingredients in.
- Sit your mixture in the fridge for 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven at 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once your dough has set in the fridge, scoop large tablespoon balls onto the parchment paper. I like to press the cookies down a bit with a fork before baking.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes and let them cool on a cooling rack.