Just some more covid baking for you to enjoy as you pass the time social distancing inside your house! These cookies were delicious and reminded me the classic peanut butter cookies my mom used to make when I was a kid. These are thick, tender and delicious and will make you wonder why you ever needed eggs and butter in your baking!
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- ½ cup melted butter (I used Earth Balance)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ coconut sugar
- ½ brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¾ cup spelt flour
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat over at 350C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix your ground flax with water and let it sit in a small bowl.
- In a larger mixing bowl combine everything else and stir well. Scoop dough into 2 inch balls and place them on your prepared baking sheet. Press the dough down with a fork, creating a criss cross shape and bake for 12 minutes.