These chocolatey, fudgy cookies are everything you didn’t know you needed in your mouth! I took a regular old double chocolate chip recipe and veganized it (It was very easy, I just replaced the butter and egg). I also doubled this recipe because as I was making it, I just knew how tasty it was going to be.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar (coconut sugar would likely work as well)
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon of chia seeds and 3 tablespoons of water mixed together)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl using a hand mixer, mix together the butter, brown sugar & cane (or coconut) sugar. Once combined, mix in the chia egg and the vanilla.
- Combine both bowls together into the larger bowl and mix well, adding the chocolate chips at the end.
- Scoop small 1.5 tablespoon size balls onto your baking sheet and space out well as they will spread.
- Bake for 14 minutes. When I took them out of the oven they were a bit of a brownie texture, but they continued to cook on my baking sheet for 5 minutes as they cooled down.
- Eat lots and enjoy!