This great and simple, one pot dish, is a tasty addition to your daily dinners this fall. A mixture of curry and the tastes of autumn with the pumpkin and cinnamon make the perfect unlikely combination. I found this recipe on Yup, it’s Vegan! It is a great find and I loved it so much I had to share it with everyone here.
- 2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 diced and chopped small onion
- 1 fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste
- 1.5 cups can of full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1.5 cups of pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1.5 cups of drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 2 crowns of broccoli, cleaned and cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Cooked Brown Rice or Quinoa
Begin cooking your brown rice or quinoa as per cooking directions on the package.
Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat and add the onions. Stir until it starts to brown. Add your ginger, cinnamon and turmeric with a pinch of salt and stir it for about 1 minute. Add in your Thai Curry Paste and cook for about 3 minutes, or until it starts to get thicker.
Stir your full-fat canned coconut milk in a bowl to mix the thick coconut milk and water at the bottom of the can together and add it to your pot. Add your pumpkin puree and chickpeas and bring your mixture to a boil. Reduce your heat to medium and add in your broccoli florets. Stir for 8-10 minutes, under the broccoli starts to become tender. At this point you can stir in the lime juice.
Serve your dish warm over your choice of whole grains! Enjoy!