After being on the road for over a month, you start to miss the little things. Like making your bed, washing dishes, grocery shopping and doing laundry. Life essentials that annoy us on a daily basis but when you don’t have to do them for so long, you realize just how satisfying they are. I am happy to be back home and in my kitchen, making nutritious homemade food. I tried a new recipe for blueberry pancakes this morning and they turned out great! An easy recipe that took less than 10 minutes to prep and less than 10 minutes to make, providing a healthy boost to start you or your children’s day!
- 1 1/4 cup of brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 cup of oat milk (Or milk alternative of your choice)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of melted and cooled vegan butter
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of flax seeds (I used cinnamon flavour)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Mix everything together and at the end fold in the blueberries. I used fresh ones but frozen will work as well.
Scoop batter onto warm and slightly oil frying pan. The batter will be very thick, so spread it out a little bit. Once it starts browning on the bottom, you will see it is very easy to flip! Top with maple syrup, or your favourite toppings, and enjoy!