There’s something about dark days, chilly weather and November that leaves me wanting soup, chili and stew, every single day. I have had a craving for chili and experimented with a few vegan chili options, even trying out a pumpkin chili made with pumpkin puree, but now I think I’ve found the perfect recipe. A blend of beans, “ground beef”, vegetables and spices, and the best part is that you dump it all in the slow cooker and you don’t have to do any work!
- 1 pack of Yves (or any veggie) ground beef
- 2 cans of organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans of organic kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans of organic diced tomatoes
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- Sprinkle of Salt to taste
- Top with some chopped avocado
Stir everything to combine in your slow cooker and let it sit for about 5 hours on high, or 8 hours on low. This chili will freeze well, if you have any leftovers.