When I came back from spending 3 weeks living in the Olympic village, eating at a cafeteria and living in a dorm style room, I was craving domestic duties. Cleaning, cooking, laundry, washing dishes, bring it on! I wanted some comfort food, and enjoyed mac and cheese, chocolate cake and nachos.
This tofu salad recipe is a “healthy” comfort food. It’s filling but light. It’s my twist on a recipe in “Happy Herbivore” called “Sonoma Chicken Salad”. Enjoy!
- 3 cups of diced tofu (Firm Tofu)
- 4 celery sticks diced
- 1 cup of red grapes, sliced in half
- 1 cup of green grapes, sliced in half
- ½ cup of slivered kale
- 7-8 tablespoons of vegan mayo
- 4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ cup of slivered almonds
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Simply mix everything together and serve. This makes a great lunch, or snack.